Any current Job openings are posted on this page. To apply for one of the positions below, or to inquire about other possible openings, please click here.
Staff Metallurgist -
Apply for this position
|SUMMARY OF POSITION: |
Hurst Metallurgical Research Laboratory, Inc. has an immediate need for a full-time, long-term Staff Metallurgist to conduct failure analyses and metallurgical evaluations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicating with customers concerning project requirements and then applying available information in problem solving
- Conducting failure analysis and interpretation of microstructures involving carbon and alloy steels, stainless steels, aluminum alloys, and super alloys in wrought, welded, cast or forged conditions
- Conducting research of theoretical or published data, applying the research to a specific problem, and then formulating a plausible resolution to the problem
- Analysis of test results to verify compliance to the applicable standards such as ASME, AWS, API, ASTM and AMS
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science degree in materials science or metallurgical engineering. Hands-on experience in a metallurgical laboratory is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Fluent in English and be able to write and communicate effectively
- Possess good computer skills
- Intelligent, willing and eager to learn
- Able to work several projects at once over a broad range of topics
- Should be mechanically inclined and have some photography skills
- Must demonstrate a strong interest in the metallurgical testing field
- Paid holidays and vacations, health insurance, and pension plan
- Work in a relaxed casual atmosphere on a wide and interesting variety of projects
- Opportunities for both career and personal growth
Click here to apply for this position.