Any current Job openings are posted on this page. To apply for one of the positions below, or to inquire about other possible openings, please click here.
METALLURGICAL ENGINEER/QUALITY MANAGER;|
Apply for this position
|SUMMARY OF POSITION: |
Hurst Metallurgical Research Laboratory, Inc. has an immediate need for a full-time, long-term Metallurgical Engineer/Quality Manager to conduct failure analyses and metallurgical evaluations,
and to manage ISO 17025: 2017 Quality Management System (QMS).
|COMPANY PROFILE: |
Hurst Metallurgical Research Laboratory, Inc. is a small, highly-respected metallurgical research, testing and
consulting firm, providing services to the aircraft, petrochemical, pressure vessel, transportation, and
construction industries. The laboratory operates in a positive atmosphere and develops a person’s potential
according to their willingness to learn and work hard to accomplish all assigned tasks. The laboratory is
conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas.
|Responsibilities include but are not limited to: |
• Conducting failure analyses, including interpretation of microstructures involving
carbon and alloy steels, stainless steels, copper alloys, aluminum alloys, and
super alloys in wrought, welded, cast or forged conditions.
• Providing ongoing support and maintaining all aspects of quality management of
the laboratory in accordance with ISO 17025: 2017.
• Investigating and obtaining NADCAP accreditation for the laboratory following
guidelines provided by Performance Review Institute (PRI)..
• Communicating with customers concerning project requirements and then applying
available information in problem solving.
• Preparing metallurgical cross-sections to allow for interpretation of the microstructures
of carbon steels, alloy steels, coppers and brasses, and super alloys in wrought, cast,
or forged conditions and welded and brazed samples to verify compliance to applicable
standards such as ASME, AWS, AP, ASTM and AMS.
• Performing Knoop and Vickers microhardness tests to determine the hardness variations
within various zones of weldments, heat-affected areas, or segregated microstructures,
and hardness surveys to determine the case depth of carburized and nitrided surfaces.
• Conducting research and theoretical or published data, applying the research to a specific
problem, and then formulating a plausible resolution to the problem.
• Preparing solution-oriented, high quality technical reports based on the client’s objective of testing
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science degree in materials science or metallurgical engineering, and 3+ years of hands-on experience in a commercial or captive metallurgical laboratory.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to think critically and analytically.
• Strong and effective technical writing, communication, and proofreading skills are a must.
• Solid skills and knowledge of QMS for ISO 17025: 2017 and NADCAP for a metallurgical laboratory.
• Experience with the use of various metallurgical test equipment, such as spectrographs, metallographic grinder/polishers, Rockwell and microhardness testers, and microscopes.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and Corel WordPerfect Office.
• Able to work several projects at once over a broad range of topics.
• Must demonstrate a strong interest in the metallurgical testing field.
• Paid holidays and vacations, health insurance, and retirement plan.
• Work in a relaxed casual atmosphere on a wide and interesting variety of projects.
• Opportunities for both career and personal growth.
Send us your resume, short cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary requirements are required in order to be considered for the position. Please contact us via email only.
Click here to apply for this position.