Any current Job openings are posted on this page. To apply for one of the positions below, or to inquire about other possible openings, please click here.
METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST;|
Apply for this position
|SUMMARY OF POSITION: |
Hurst Metallurgical Research Laboratory, Inc. has an immediate need for a full-time, Metallurgical Engineering Technologist to conduct failure analyses, material testing and analysis and evaluation results.
|COMPANY PROFILE: |
Hurst Metallurgical Research Laboratory, Inc. is a small, highly-respected metallurgical research, testing and consulting firm, providing services to the aircraft, petrochemical, pressure vessel, transportation, and construction industries. The laboratory operates in a positive atmosphere and develops a person’s potential according to their willingness to learn and work hard to accomplish all assigned tasks. The laboratory is conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas.
|Responsibilities include but are not limited to: |
Conducting failure analyses, including interpretation of microstructures involving carbon and alloy steels, stainless steels, copper alloys, aluminum alloys, and super alloys in wrought, welded, cast or forged conditions.
• Communicating with customers concerning project requirements and then applying available information in problem solving.
• Preparing metallurgical cross-sections to allow for interpretation of the microstructures of carbon steels, alloy steels, coppers and brasses, and super alloys in wrought, cast, or forged conditions.
• Performing Knoop and Vickers microhardness tests to determine the hardness variations within various zones of weldments, heat-affected areas, or segregated microstructures, and hardness surveys to determine the case depth of carburized and nitrided surfaces.
• Analyzing of test results to verify compliance to applicable standards such as ASME, AWS, API, ASTM and AMS.
• Conducting research and theoretical or published data, applying the research to a specific problem, and then formulating a plausible resolution to the problem.
• Preparing solution-oriented, high quality technical reports based on the client’s objective of testing and evaluation.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering, Metallurgy, and 0-1 year of failure analysis, material testing, root cause analysis or related experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to think critically and analytically.
• Prior experience with the use of various metallurgical test equipment, such as spectrographs, metallographic grinder/polishers, Rockwell and microhardness testers, and microscopes.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and Corel WordPerfect Office.
• Must demonstrate a strong interest in the metallurgical testing field.
• Paid holidays and vacations, health insurance, and retirement plan.
• Work in a relaxed casual atmosphere on a wide and interesting variety of projects.
• Opportunities for both career and personal growth.
Send us your resume, short cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Salary requirements are required in order to be considered for the position. Please contact us via email only.
Click here to apply for this position.