|SUMMARY OF POSITION: |
Hurst Metallurgical Research Laboratory, Inc. has an immediate need for a full-time
Welding/Engineering Technician. The Laboratory operates in a positive atmosphere and
develops a person’s potential according to their willingness to learn and work hard to accomplish
all assigned tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communication with customers concerning project requirements and job status, and establish test requirements based on the specified standard or specification.
- Receiving and documentation of incoming test specimens.
- Verification of test equipment and instruments to ensure that they function properly and are in calibration prior to performing any tests.
- Welding inspection and weld qualification testing.
- Mechanical testing and inspection using all mechanical testing equipment such as tensile machine, Charpy impact tester, welding gauges, scales, calipers and micrometers.
- Rockwell hardness and Knoop/Vickers microhardness testing.
- Analysis of test results to verify compliance to the applicable standards such as ASME, AWS, API, ASTM and AMS, and preparation of reports.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
An Associate of Science degree in welding technology, engineering technology or another science related field. Experience in testing of metals is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Well organized and acute attention to detail to provide accurate test results and error-free reports in a timely manner
- Able to read and interpret technical documents such as blueprints, testing standards and specifications.
- Able to effectively write test reports and correspondence.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Welding skills and C.W.I. are highly desirable.
- Proof of COVID vaccine is required for employment with Hurst Metallurgical Research Laboratory, Inc.
- Paid holidays and vacations, health insurance, and pension plan
- Work in a relaxed casual atmosphere on a wide and interesting variety of projects
- Opportunities for both career and personal growth
Send us your resume, short cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary requirements are required in order to be considered for the position.
Click here to apply for this position.